HEART SONGS AND LOVE NOTES - from the World for the children of Ukraine
Online Benefit Concert for Voices of Children Foundation in Ukraine
Sunday, November 13, 2022 • 12:00 Noon Eastern Standard Time/USA*
All proceeds received by the World Children's Choir will be donated to the Voices of Children Foundation in Ukraine.
Tickets are $10 USD per person
Please note that it is NOT possible to purchase tickets once the concert has begun. They must be purchased in advance. If you have tickets, it is possible to log in after the concert begins.
If several people will watch the concert from one location, please pay $10/person using the tip option when you purchase your ticket.
The concert length (2 1/2 hours) includes time for a brief sound check at the beginning, presentation from Voices of Children Foundation, the musical program (13 musical selections. See program summary below),
answering questions posted in chat during the concert, and any technical/internet challenges we might encounter due to the global nature of the event.
Over 300 performers including children, teens and adults from Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine, USA, and Wales.
PROGRAM - NOT JUST A CONCERT!
Meet the co-founder of Voices of Children Foundation and two of her teenage students who will speak live. Ask questions in the chat for Voices of Children presenters who will reply at the end of the concert.
Enjoy children playing chimes • Ukrainian vocalists and pianist • choirs from Mexico, Ukraine and Wales; • vocal and instrumental sextet from the Republic of Ireland • Global Family Virtual Choir • World Children’s Choir with Huntington Middle School Orchestra and the Langston Hughes Middle School Orchestra from California. Program list included below.
YOU CAN PARTICIPATE, TOO – send us your Love Note!
• Images of your visual art – drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/9SmO3EyvcenVhi8UcxRZ
• Written – a letter of hope and good wishes; a poem, an essay
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/aEj5E3zHNMGrCl75RyOq
• Video of a song or other music – speaking good wishes and hopes for the Ukrainian people
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/GuSO2CbujRvxSHFP0kcx
*If you can’t attend on November 13, the concert will be available on WCC’s CommonTime.Online account at a later date.
PROGRAM SUMMARY - link to a pdf with performer bios, translations, and program notes will be posted later.
• Taras Petrinenko: Ukraine - Beautiful video of cities, nature, and people in Ukraine (Olga Aidinova, Piano and Video Editor)
• Voices of Children Foundation - founder and two teens will speak
• Ukrainian National Anthem - Alpha Carillon (USA)
Ann Sloan, Director
Pre King, Via King, Tamia R., and Aidan Weiss
• Harbour - Canu Yn Ein Calon Singing/In Our Hearts Virtual Choir (Wales + 7 other countries) Ceri Jones, Musical Director; Lena Izzat, Assistant Musical Director
• Sleep Baby - Michael Voskoboynik, Vocalist (Ukrainian American)
• Silence All Around - MIchael Voskoboynik and Larissa Mudra, Vocalists (Ukraine)
• To Our Heroes Larissa Mudra, Oleksiy Bayev, Vocalists (Ukraine)
• The Melody - Olga Aidinova, Piano (Ukraine)
• Poldolyanochka - Grow Music Faculty Ensemble (Republic of Ireland)
Francesca de Narvdi, Vocalist
Sile Lombard Ryan, Fiddle
Briefne Holohan, Guitar
Emma O’Brien, Piano
Heather Oakes , Violin
David Forth, Cello
• Посміхнися, доле!" ("Laugh away!)
• Per te
Georg Synzheryak, Vocalist (Ukraine)
• Te Quiero, Dijiste - Coristas de San Nicolas (Mexico)
Elvia Miriam Quezada Gonzale , Director
Jose Alfredo Torres Romero, Director
• The Bunny Walks - Shchedryk, Kyiv Children's Choir (Ukraine)
Marianna Sablin, Chief Conductor
• Prayer for Ukraine - Global Family Virtual Choir
• Love Sings a New Song for the World - Global Family Virtual Choir
Sondra Harnes, Conductor; James Selway, Piano
• With One Dream - World Children's Choir, Huntington Middle School Orchestra, Langston Hughes Middle School Orchestra (USA)
Sondra Harnes, WCC Conductor; James Selway Piano;
Robert Folsom, conductor HMSO; and Jessica Savage, conductor LHMSO
Voices of Children Foundation presenters answer questions
CommonTime.Online – Chrstine Matovich and Michael Skillern, Co-founders (https://commontime.online
Easy Virtual Choir – Allan Jiang, CEO (https://easyvirtualchoir.com
World Children’s Choir activities are supported in part by funding from the Dallas Morse Coors Foundation for the Performing Arts, and donations by individual contributors.